Master Your Future
A post-graduate degree can be the ticket to advancement in your chosen field! The MSM program is designed to complement your undergraduate degree and prepare you for management roles in your chosen area of passion.
Our Master of Science in Management program is designed for working adults – with a bachelor’s degree in any background – who are looking for an opportunity to expand their knowledge of management and human resource management. This degree is specifically designed for individuals who do not have an undergraduate business degree.
Is time an issue? This program is designed with your convenience in mind. Courses are offered in an 8-week, online format and students can attend full-time or part-time. Students attending full-time can complete the degree in as little as three semesters, while part-time students can complete the degree in five.
The degree requires 30 graduate hours and is offered in an online format with 8-week classes. Students can choose whether they would like to attend full-time or part-time to be flexible with work and family.
At Missouri Southern, we strive to offer as many options to complete your degree as possible.
Recognized as one of the “50 Most Affordable Colleges with High Acceptance Rates” for 2017, we understand the importance of planning for the financial responsibility of paying for your education.
Program Cost* $1, 200
*Tuition and program charges for the MSM program are based on completion of all 10 graduate courses required for the MSM degree
Books and Supplies $500
Ready to get started?
As a Masters of Management student, you may choose a program of study in management by completing the core curriculum and then pursuing the general management emphasis. This study path is designed for students preparing to move into leadership roles with their current organization or seeking to move into a new career field.
The MSM program also offers a focused track of study in Human Resource Management. The Human Resource Management programs at the Plaster College of Business have been recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management and coordinates with professional certification requirements.
For more information please contact the Plaster College of Business advising office at 417-625-3182, or to apply for admission, please go to business.mssu.edu.
For more details about the program learning goals and outcomes, click here.
MRKT 572: Marketing Management
IB 510: International Management
MGMT 631: Operations and Resource Planning
Human Resources Emphasis
MGMT 643 Recruitment & Retention
MGMT 645 Compensation & Rewards
MGMT 647 Training & Development
The Robert W. Plaster College of Business offers a variety of expert faculty members who are ready to help you achieve your career ambitions. Small class sizes will allow your professors to get to know you by name while providing the best educational experience possible.
No bachelor’s degree in business? No problem! The MSM program is designed to complement your bachelor’s degree, no matter what your background. Choose a path that focuses on management or human resource management to meet your professional needs.
MSM Admissions Information
Students may enter the program in August (for the Fall semester) or January (for the Spring semester). To apply for this program, students need to complete the online application and fulfill all requirements outlined below and on the Application for Graduate Admission for the Master of Science in Management. An application materials checklist is available online at business.mssu.edu.
Completed applications for admission should be filed with the Admissions Office before the deadlines noted below:
Intended Program Start Date
|Early Admission Deadline||
|Regular Admission Deadline||
MSM Program Regular Admission Requirements: The Master of Science in Management is open to students holding a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited college or university or recognized equivalent international university, with a cumulative 2.75 GPA (or higher) on a 4.0 scale.
This degree is not designed for students with undergraduate business degrees. To apply for this program, students need to complete the online application and fulfill all requirements outlined on the Application for Graduate Admission for the Master of Science in Management. An application materials checklist is available online at management.mssu.edu/. The requirements for application include, but are not limited to:
- Paying the application fee.
- Providing official transcripts of undergraduate work showing bachelor’s degree(s) earned with a cumulative 2.75 GPA (or higher) on a 4.0 scale.
- Providing a current resume.
- Providing a personal goals statement (500 word minimum) that will be used to evaluate the student’s writing skill.
MSM Program Provisional Admission Requirements: Students who do not meet the University and Program Regular Admission requirements may apply for provisional admission by completing the requirements and submitting the items outlined below:
- Provide a current official transcript of undergraduate work or transcripts showing earned bachelor’s degree(s).
- Provide a current resume.
- Provide a written personal goals statement (500 word minimum) that will be used to evaluate the student’s writing skill.
- Provide a written statement explaining why the student believes they can be successful in the MSM program despite not meeting the regular admission requirements. As part of the written statement, students should provide at least three specific, concrete examples that demonstrate their readiness for and commitment to the challenge of pursuing a graduate degree, despite not meeting the program’s minimum requirements.
- Submit one of the following (not required for applicants who are only applying under provisional admission because their transcripts do not yet indicate a conferred bachelor’s degree as a result of the applicant being currently enrolled in the last term(s) of their undergraduate degree):
- Proof of at least 2 years of supervisory/managerial experience post-bachelor’s degree. (e.g., letter or recommendation from employer with superior’s contact information). Please include, as part of the statement required in #5 of this section, a description of how industry experience will support student success in the MSM program.
- Proof of a minimum of at least 5 years of post-bachelor’s degree industry experience. (e.g., letter or recommendation from employer with superior’s contact information). Please include, as part of the statement required in #5 of this section, a description of how industry experience will support student success in the MSM program.
- Official GRE Test Scores showing the student earned, at minimum, an official combined score of 295 on the verbal and quantitative sections.
- Official GMAT Test Scores showing the student earned a minimum score of 425 (Business students only)
- Evidence of a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last submit, as part of their application, an excel file that provides the GPA computation of the last 60 hours of course work.
- Paying the application fee.
Our Financial Aid team strives to keep you informed of current government regulations, to foster open communication between staff and students, and maintain positive customer service.
Missouri Southern participates in a variety of aid programs to assist qualified students. These funds – from private, institutional, state and federal sources – are coordinated to meet your financial need, performing ability and academic excellence.
Direct Stafford Unsubsidized Loans
Direct Stafford Unsubsidized loans are awarded to graduate students regardless of need.
Interest comes due within 60 days after receiving the loan; however, interest may be deferred until the student leaves school. These loan amounts will vary depending upon how much aid you may already receive. See the table below for more information:
|Loan Range (per academic year)|
|up to $20,500|
*aggregate total of $138,500 (includes undergraduate loans)
Graduate PLUS Loan Program
Federal Direct PLUS Loan Program offers loans to graduate students directly from the federal government. These variable-rate, low-interest, long-term loans are unsubsidized. Interest becomes due 60 days after the graduate student receives the loans. The interest can be deferred until the student leaves school.
Applicants must complete the electronic Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Loan amounts may vary depending on the cost of education and other financial aid the student receives. For more information, consult the “Student Guide” on the Department of Education’s website or contact the Financial Aid Office at Missouri Southern.
Lion Pride Tuition
Want to attend Missouri Southern and apply for the Master’s of Management program but live outside Missouri?
Students from Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas are eligible for an automatic in-state tuition rate, known as Lion Pride Tuition!
Once admitted, Lion Pride residents from these states not only receive in-state tuition but – if qualified – have the opportunity to receive additional scholarships as well.
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs